Wednesday 11 June 2014

It's about time I had a TV show of my own and I need you to help me!

Last night, a bright idea came to life in my head. After publishing a video yesterday about the Edinburgh Trams, I decided that it was about time I produced and presented a TV show of my own.

You'll probably notice at this current moment that I have an intention of starting a new video podcast up for my website. And that's what I want to go ahead with, but hope to make it more like a television programme that can be viewed online. It'll most probably be available through my YouTube channel.

I genuinely don't mean to sound arrogant in any way, but I'm feeling pretty confident about starting up and sustaining such a project. And I think it comes at a very interesting time. My ambition is to ultimately make it onto television as a broadcast journalist, but with a view to keeping an open mind to presenting other types of programmes. Also, STV Glasgow TV started up last week, STV Edinburgh TV launches later this summer (not getting my hopes up though, it's tough to get that vital break for starters) and later tonight I intend to attend the Royal Television Society Scotland Awards in Glasgow.

I'm really looking forward to the award ceremony tonight, but do realise that I might be a little lonely to start with. But hopefully it'll be a great event where I can network with many like minded people and where I will learn a lot of new things about what is going on across the television industry north of the border. God willing, it should be a lot of fun!

But going back to the television show idea that I had, I need your help. Although I have initial ideas in my head for what I want to do, I need to think of a few certain things to help get me started.

Firstly, I need a show name. "The Anas Hassan Vodcast" is just not a catchy title, nor has it got much style. I have a couple of ideas in my head already, but I want to know what you think. If there's more than one suggestion then I could consider running a poll to see which is the most popular.

Secondly, I need a good scope of what kind of things I want to cover on my programme. For a start, I want to cover a wide range of topics (not just news, but other things that get people talking) and do it in such a light hearted and not so heavy manner.

And thirdly, I need to create some sort of a realistic studio atmosphere for my show. I'm on a shoestring budget of next to nothing so don't expect anything spectacular, but any suggestions are welcome. And I do have a pretty basic idea of how I want things to look although no doubt my vision will change over time as I develop my ideas further.

Please contact me with a message to my e-mail address: officialanashassan@outlook.com - your input is welcome. Finally, please check out my new video which is at the start of this blog post where I take a look at the new Edinburgh Trams service - lots and lots of views already despite being up for less than 24 hours. Amazing! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment