Thursday 20 February 2014

Two weeks on after that advert launched...

My advert has been on display at Glasgow Queen Street
for two weeks now.
It's been a mixed two weeks since I took the unusual step of appearing on my own advert in one of Glasgow's busiest stations. You might well be surprised at the fact, but honesty is the best policy and I think this is a good time to reflect on where I stand in my quest to be recognised for my talents and given an opportunity to flourish north of the border.

One of the biggest benefits and success' to date is that my advertising campaign featuring in the press. The Fife Free Press, The Courier and the Metro newspapers have mentioned my story in some way or another. I thank them for the coverage and show my total gratitude for recognising the significance of my story and situation in their publications.

However, I am disappointed that the story hasn't spread it's wings any further. I was honestly hoping that other newspapers and the broadcasters would have featured my story on their platforms. So far, they haven't either seen my situation as a significant story, other stories may have come out more of a priority or they may not have known about it in the first place. That said, however, when you do something as unusual as I have done then you frankly don't know what kind of a reaction you are going to receive.

But most people have been very positive about what I have done and applauded me on showing initiative. That is something I am delighted about especially, because I do think if there is one thing I want people to recognise me for, then it is for my entrepreneurial spirit. This is a personal quality that I cherish and I believe appeals to employers, regardless of what area of work we are talking about.

My advert will continue to stay on display at Glasgow Queen Street train station until early March. More details about why I even decided to take such an unconventional step in opening myself up to the rest of the world can be found in this blog post I made two weeks ago. You can also click on the link of myself standing beside my advert on the right hand side of the page on my website. To take a look at my skills and experience, please head to the CV page on my website (I do other things in my life as well as journalism after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment