Saturday 12 January 2013

PRESS RELEASE: "The Anas Hassan Show" - Episode 1

Welcome to the first ever edition of "The Anas Hassan Show". Both parts of this month's show are below for you to enjoy:


PRESS RELEASE

"The Anas Hassan Show" - Episode 1

A new programme has been launched by newly qualified pharmacist and Scottish media personality, Anas Hassan, on his official website and his YouTube channel Anas TV.

"The Anas Hassan Show" is a feature programme which aims to cover areas such as current affairs, entertainment, history, sport and much more from a Scottish perspective. Anas also intends to bring unique guests from many walks of life to give them a platform to showcase their talent, work and their personalities.

On the day of launch of the opening episode of his new show, Anas said, "I am absolutely overwhelmed with delight about bringing a new show to the world. Today really marks a major step in my media career."

"For many years I have presented on the radio, written and edited magazines, developed my public speaking skills and now today I add a new dimension to my portfolio of work and experience. This show is about life, particularly with a Scottish dimension."

"Life is very broad and full of many things and although I'm not employed by a major broadcaster, I am very enthused by YouTube and how they enable people like myself to showcase our talent and ability to create something engaging, entertaining and informative for online audiences. I really hope people appreciate the work I've put in to creating this new programme and strongly encourage comments, feedback and questions, whether they are positive or negative."

Anas also specifically emphasised the importance of his country's contribution to broadcasting and his enthusiasm, "This is the country where one of my fellow countrymen invented the television. John Logie Baird has transformed the lives of so many people worldwide.

"Television has enabled a platform of media to emerge where talents all over the world can showcase their talent and innovation - whether its the next best music talent from a well known hit music reality programme or the creation of the world's most successful quiz show of all time."

"I take a passionate interest in broadcasting, particularly north of the border, and have done so since I grew up. Scotland has well and truly been part of the television phenomenon story. Whether its Taggart from Glasgow or Rebus from Edinburgh, Scotsport, Only an Excuse or Mrs Brown's Boys (its filmed in Glasgow by the way), my country has contributed brilliantly."

"And it continues to do so locally through the expansion of local services by both STV and BBC Scotland. I value the output that our broadcasting industry brings to the public. And although I'm not currently employed by any major broadcaster, TV or radio, YouTube has enabled me to add some diversity to the different variety of programming available from Scotland. I welcome the world to my YouTube channel and official website to see my work."

Tonight's opening episode features a well known pharmacist called Mr Dispenser where he comes on the show to be interviewed by Anas about his new book, "Pills, Thrills and Methadone Spills". Anas also tours Robert Burns' birthplace of Alloway in South Ayrshire ahead of Burns Night in just under two weeks time.

Anas commented, "I had the absolute pleasure to interview Mr Dispenser about his new book. He provides a unique insight into how and why he wrote the book. I really hope viewers and listeners will appreciate the hard work he has put into producing this very unique title. And the fact a portion of the sales will go to a good cause in the charity Pharmacist Support will undoubtedly be welcome too. I wish him every success in the world with his new book and thank him enormously for coming on the show."

"And I also took a tour of Alloway in South Ayrshire. This is a truly beautiful part of the world with a very strong heritage. Burns Night is under two weeks away and this month is a very fitting time to explore the humble beginnings of the life of one of the finest sons of our nation. I want to thank the National Trust for Scotland and the very supportive and wonderful staff for their hospitality and for enlightening me about our national bard during my time in Alloway."

The show is now available to watch above and on Anas TV on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment