Wednesday 16 January 2013

IRELAND 2012: Wexford

Near Wexford Harbour
The south east of Ireland is blessed with a town that has been visited by people like former US President John F. Kennedy. Located near the major seaport of Rosslare Europort and approximately two hours south of Dublin, Wexford is well regarded as a peaceful and tranquil part of the Irish nation.

It was founded by the vikings over a thousand years ago. There are pretty views of Wexford Harbour where I observed the variety of different boats. I also had a walk on the Wexford Bridge where you are rewarded with picturesque views of the town.

Heading towards Ballybrack on the train - stunning
view of the Irish Sea!
Like much of the full week I spent across the Irish Sea, it was overcast and disappointing not to have the rays of the sunshine beaming down on the earth. But, as you can see from the photos, I still managed to capture one or two good shots of Wexford.

Main Street is full of variety when it comes to dining. And shopping also - there is nearly a mile's worth of retail therapy. Pretty impressive I would say for a town with just a population of approximately 20,000. I know of many towns with populations far higher but with little difference when it comes to the distance of their main shopping street.

What I loved especially about the day I went to Wexford was the train journey from Dublin Connolly. The views you get rewarded with during the journey are unbelievable. Some of the best in the world frankly. And despite the weather, I was lucky enough to see the sun peek through the clouds on occasions as I moved south.

Don't underestimate the journey. You get your money's worth frankly. The journey is no ordinary train journey.

Wexford

No comments:

Post a Comment